9 Must-Do Thanksgiving 2023 Activities.
When celebrating Thanksgiving in 2023, we have the opportunity to embrace a series of fun and meaningful activities to fully appreciate the spirit of gratitude, reunite with family and friends, and celebrate this special season. Here are 9 essential things to do for Thanksgiving, helping you create a warm and meaningful Thanksgiving celebration.
Table of contents
Prepare a Bountiful Feast - What are the top 10 Thanksgiving foods
The Thanksgiving feast is an essential tradition. A sumptuous meal is both a way to reward yourself for the year's efforts and an expression of gratitude for your family. Key Thanksgiving foods include:
- Roast Turkey: Symbolizing abundance and togetherness, the roast turkey takes center stage and reminds us to be thankful for the season of harvest and the importance of gathering.
- Mashed Potatoes: A comfort food that typically represents family and kinship, mashed potatoes evoke memories of family gatherings and sharing warm moments.
- Sweet Potatoes: Rich in sweetness, sweet potatoes symbolize warmth and gratitude, prompting us to appreciate the goodness in life, not just on Thanksgiving day.
- Cranberry Sauce: The sweet and tart flavor of cranberry sauce represents life's ups and downs, teaching us the importance of gratitude, not just for happiness but also for life's challenges.
- Pumpkin Pie: Representing warmth and gratitude, pumpkin pie is the traditional Thanksgiving dessert that allows people to savor fond memories.
- Apple Pie: Symbolizing friendship and companionship, apple pie reminds us of the importance of appreciating friends and social relationships.
- Dinner Rolls/Biscuits: These bread rolls represent sharing and unity and are often shared among family members, emphasizing the significance of family togetherness.
How do you decorate your house for Thanksgiving?
- Tablecloth and Napkins: Use tablecloths and napkins with autumn colors and patterns, such as orange, red, yellow, or pumpkin motifs.
- Dinnerware: Choose dinnerware that matches the Thanksgiving theme, like porcelain plates, copper utensils, and gold cutlery.
- Candles and Candle Holders: Place candles and candle holders on the table to create a cozy atmosphere.
- Cranberry Sauce Jars: Decorate cranberry sauce jars and use them as mini vases for table centerpieces.
- Fall Leaf Decorations: Use artificial fall leaves like maple and oak leaves to decorate the indoor spaces.
- Pumpkins and Autumn Vegetables: Display various sizes of artificial pumpkins and vegetables to adorn your home.
- Candles and Lighting: Create a warm ambiance indoors using candles, string lights, or Foam light sticks for lighting effects.
- Wreaths and Flowers: Craft autumn wreaths or place fresh flowers for room decoration.
- Front Porch Table: Set up a small table on the front porch with Thanksgiving decorations and candles to welcome guests.
- Lights and Foam Glow Sticks: Use outdoor lighting and foam glow sticks to add vibrant effects to your outdoor space.
- Front Yard Garden: Decorate your front yard or garden with colorful autumn flowers and artificial turkeys.
Story Sharing Session
The core of Thanksgiving is gratitude, so take some time to express your appreciation. You can write thanksgiving cards to express your gratitude to family, friends, or even strangers. Additionally, you can organize a story-sharing session where everyone shares their gratitude for the good things in life.
- Plan the time and location: Choose Thanksgiving day or after the Thanksgiving dinner, and find a quiet place like the living room or garden.
- Invite family and friends: Invite your loved ones and inform them about your plan for a story-sharing session.
- Theme and rules: Determine a theme for the sharing session, such as gratitude or friendship. Share heartwarming stories from your life and appreciate the help your family and friends have provided in your everyday life.
- Share in turns: Each person takes turns to share a story about gratitude or friendship.
- Provide support: Encourage the sharers and ensure they feel comfortable and supported.
- Celebrate and express thanks: Thank everyone for their participation and celebrate this special moment.
Host a Thanksgiving Glow Party
Hosting a Thanksgiving glow party is an excellent way for family and friends to come together on Thanksgiving night. This party adds fun and creativity while utilizing the unique lighting effects and colors of foam glow sticks, fostering social interaction and close connections. The gentle illumination and visual appeal of foam glow sticks make it easier for people to enjoy the party atmosphere, alleviate stress, enhance the thematic fun of the party, and create unforgettable moments and memories for participants. When people dance in the glow stick-lit dance floor, the party's vitality reaches its peak.
Create a Gratitude Journal
Start a gratitude journal where you record things you are grateful for every day. This simple habit helps you focus on the positive aspects of life and reminds you to be thankful constantly. You can record family, friends, and the little joys in life in your gratitude journal, making it a precious keepsake.
Watch the Thanksgiving Parade
The Thanksgiving parade is a traditional activity. You can watch the parade floats, balloons, and giant balloons either in person or from the comfort of your home through television. It's an excellent opportunity to appreciate creativity and celebration.
Donate to Spread Kindness
Thanksgiving is a time for sharing and caring for others. You can engage in charity and volunteer activities to provide food, clothing, or services to those in need in your community. Gifting unused foam glow sticks to neighbors or distributing warm clothing are ways to spread kindness.
Appreciate Autumn Leaves and Nature
Autumn is a season of transformation in nature. During Thanksgiving, consider spending time outdoors to admire the beauty of autumn leaves, pick fresh fruits and vegetables, or go for a nature walk. It's an excellent opportunity to appreciate the beauty of nature.
What is a traditional Thanksgiving gift?
While Thanksgiving isn't primarily focused on gift-giving, you can consider giving small yet meaningful gifts to express your gratitude to family and friends. Traditional Thanksgiving gifts include thanksgiving cards, flowers, gourmet gift baskets, candle holders and candles, woolen scarves or gloves, and books. Nowadays, foam glow sticks and DND Dice are also popular Thanksgiving gifts.
Seerootoys DND Dice
Thanksgiving teaches us to be thankful for everything we have, cherish our families and friendships, and be willing to share and help others. Through this special holiday, we can spread love and goodwill, creating a better community and world. Regardless of the activities you choose, Thanksgiving is a unique time for us to deeply feel the beauty and blessings of life. Let's celebrate this wonderful season together, share gratitude, and spread joy to create a Thanksgiving full of warmth and appreciation.